Monday, August 29, 2011

Questions

I have been interacting with some Chinese students all summer, and tonight we had a party for them because their workplace was closed. Two people showed up with English/Chinese books of the gospel of John, and then a woman I don't know showed up, also from China, to share with the students. She takes their new versions of John and starts explaining things to them animatedly and like she knew exactly what she was talking about, she knew exactly how to share her faith. I sat and listened to her beautiful Chinese, and I saw my non-Christian friends ask her questions and give her a lot of attention and respect, even though pretty much all of them do not share her faith. It was so cool to see these two random events come together so that God could plant some seeds. My heart breaks for my friends who claim that they are Buddhists or atheists, and those who believe there is some kind of governing god but know nothing about this god. Our time is short. Who in your life doesn't know or care about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment