Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Calming Effect

Today was my first day going in for student teaching. I just met with the teacher and did a few things to help prepare the room. There is much still to do, and so much I don't know. The teacher was great, though, and helped me to recognize the important stuff. She kept going back to the importance of forming relationships with the kids, and not sweating all the small stuff. I will watch at first and figure out some stuff, and then I will take over little by little, and she will tell me what to do until I am comfortable taking over...She had a great way of calming my nerves on this new and foreign venture. I tend to get all excited and throw all kinds of details at people, but I can learn from her and the way she kept the big picture in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment