Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Carbon Ribs

Carbon Ribs, By John Mark McMillan


I love this song. I come back to it often. Read these words and you'll see the beauty of grace revealed.

A thousand pairs of fiery eyes burn like a serpent down the Highway 5 as the long amber tail to Los Angeles unwinds.

I've got his resurrection down inside my skin but for all my revelating I just can't make sense of this gravity we're in

Cause I'm a dead man now with a ghost who lives within the confines of these carbon ribs and one day when I'm free I will sit, the cripple at your table, the cripple by your side...

A thousand miles of pain I'm sure led you to the threshold of my heart's screen door to tell me what it is I'm dying for

Gravity comes like a cold, cold rain to lead me to the rope again but someone is standing at my place

Cause I'm a dead man now with a ghost who lives within the confines of these carbon ribs and one day when I'm free I will sit, the cripple at your table, the cripple by your side
the cripple at your table
the cripple by your side...

And I sit beside you.
And I sit beside you.
And I sit beside you.
And I sit beside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment