Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I speak through dance

On the finale of So You Think You Can Dance, Marko said, "I speak through my body." I love that, and it got me wondering how I speak. I have talked about expression, expressing myself through running, through watching dance. I certainly don't speak through actually dancing. I can't dance at all! But I think I speak to myself through watching dance, as I process through things. But how do I speak to others? Empowering kids is something I love, a way that I speak about my belief in children, my love for their enthusisam and hearts. I speak through doing little things for others...sometimes, but not consistently. I sort of speak through writing, although it is rare that I feel like I have thoroughly expressed myself through writing. There is always more to the story when I write, always something I left out. It is a good way for me to process things though...

Anyway, just thinking...

How do you speak?

No comments:

Post a Comment