Saturday, August 13, 2011

Conquering Fears

I got a bonus day with my kiddos today, and I got to experience some pretty cool stuff. We went to the park and I realized that they were afraid of the tall, curly slide. I hadn't recognized this before, and I am thinking it was mostly the older one. The little one was just copying, I think, because she isn't afraid of stuff like that typically. So I took them both down the slide on my lap, then holding hands, then they did it on their own. I was so proud of them for being willing to do that.

The little one is super resistant to potty training, and I haven't really pushed her with it. But I got a book about a duck and pig reading on the toilet. The book isn't wonderful, but I thought I would try sitting her on the toilet and then reading her a book. It actually worked! She did it twice... It's a step, and I am so proud of her!

I love seeing my kids grow and learn and experience new things. I think that is one of the coolest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment