Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Circle Back

For some weeks now I have led a game night for some Chinese students (and one Ecuadorian student) who are here for the summer. I have written bits and pieces about this before. But I must say, each week I leave there amazed at how blessed I feel to have interacted with these students. I started out thinking that I would try to be a blessing to these people who are visitors to our country for such a short time since I myself have been in that position and been so blessed by random strangers. And while I do still want to be a blessing to them, and I pray for them and all that, I go now to game nights because they are my friends. I haven't met all of them yet, and there are usually some new faces or faces I don't know very well. But each week I have been so blessed, seeing people from the week before, enjoying the games but much moreso enjoying their company. Something has gone terribly wrong in our country that we tend to shy away from people with a different color skin than our own. The blessings multiply when I get to spend time with these beautiful people. Tonight I realized that I want there to be much more of this type of thing in my future path. I love interacting with people from other cultures and learning from them and sharing with them, whether I am in their home country or they are in mine. I want to do more of this because they are such a blessing to me.

Is that selfish? I'm not sure yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment