Sunday, August 28, 2011

Basic yet Profound

I had the privilege of bringing two friends to church today. One is a brand new Christian from a non-Christian country with a non-Christian family who is soon returning to her country where I am certain she will be persecuted for her faith. Pray for her. The other girl is a non-Christian who didn't seem too interested in stuff (maybe just shy?) until she saw two people at church that she had met before.

We randomly sat in on a class that was talking about why we share our faith and what our faith means to us. This was a one time class and this was the one week the girls could come with me. My non-Christian friend blessed me by talking about God's love, saying that she knew that we Christians loved her because God loved us and we were sharing his love. I have been so amazed by the gift of seeing her simple and basic faith, not bogged down by theological details or anger with other churchgoers. Her profound words have consistently floored me, and I am so humbled to be a part of her journey and to get a glimpse of what God has been doing in her heart this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment