Saturday, August 27, 2011

Enough

I live in a world where there is never enough. There is never enough time to do everything you need to do. There is never enough time to meet the needs of every child, to connect and walk with each student. There are never enough resources. There is never enough time to process through one thing before the next thing blows up. Schoolwork and regular work can always be improved, there is always more to read, more to learn, more to prepare...good enough is not really good enough anymore. Enough. What an elusive concept.

I hate thinking those things above living in one of the most affluent parts of the world. In reality, what IS enough? How can I find a healthy sense of "enough"?

Jesus is the only "enough" in my life. His grace is enough. There is nothing further I must do once I am in his arms, and it doesn't take any work to get into his arms in the first place.

Enough. Aaahhh. That's what enough looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment