Friday, June 10, 2011

You Must Be What I Look Like

I had a consultation with a new doctor and the nurse who took my height and weight told me later that she is the same height and weight. She said she thought that I must look like what she looks like. Very interesting concept for both of us to think about. To me, she looks nothing like what I think I look like, and if she hadn't said anything, I never would have made that connection. However, it was definitely interesting to compare. I am pretty sure that I have no real concept of what I look like. Sure, I'd recognize myself in any picture or mirror, but if that woman was the same height and weight as me and I had absolutely no idea of that (even when she said it I was doubtful), I must be pretty unaware.

Can you spot someone with the same height and weight as you? Outside of a doctor's office, is there any pc way to approach that subject with anyone who's not a friend already?

Have you seen the Friends episode (season finale of Season 5, I just watched it a few days ago) where Joey finds his hand twin in Las Vegas (and perhaps more memorably, a drunk Rachel and Ross get married)?

No comments:

Post a Comment