Thursday, June 23, 2011

Audrey Wood

http://www.audreywood.com/books-written-by-don,-bruce,-and-audrey-wood/all-books-written-and-illustrated-by-the-woods

I LOVE Audrey Wood books! One of my passions is working with children, and that includes reading a lot of books. I often have to read the same books two, three, four, or more times in one sitting. Because of that, I try to find books that I actually like, and I can count on Audrey Wood. I haven't read all of her books yet, but two of my favorites are The Napping House and Silly Sally. These have both become books my kids and I recite at the kitchen table, on the swings, or whenever we feel like it, without even opening the book anymore. I love that my little ones can flip through their books at nap time and recite the story. The rhymes are fun and catchy. To my chagrin, I recite them to myself even when I am not with the kiddos! Though these two stories don't have much of a point, they do work on rhyming (Silly Sally) and adjectives (The Napping House). I love looking at the pictures, especially in the books illustrated by Don Wood, Audrey's husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment