Friday, June 17, 2011

Running Clothes

Local Festival means... SIDEWALK SALES!

I LOVE running clothes. I don't really own any clothes that were made specifically for running. I am too cheap and I find Goodwill clothes usually do the trick just fine. During my marathon I had time to look at people's running clothes and water/fuel belts, and I decided it would be really nice to have one set of running clothes at least for races. After all, I saw how frumpy I looked in the marathon pictures, and I can spend hours and hours running each week. I decided this splurge would be worth it and useful for a long time.

So I went to a running store on Tuesday to get some new shoes for my new orthotics for my newly healed (hopefully!) knees/feet to use in a few weeks. Luckily, they didn't have my size in the store so they were able to get it from another store by Friday.

Then my favorite employee there at my local running store tells me that if I pick up my shoes on Friday it will be great because they are having a sidewalk sale that day because of the town's summer festival!

Yippee!

After deciding a running outfit was a good purchase, it turns out I was given the gift of a new running outfit when I ran my marathon! So I decided it was time to cash in on this gift! So not only did I get new shoes, but I also got two short-sleeved running shirts and a long-sleeved running top. I know, I know, not an outfit, but I had found some great running shorts and capris at Goodwill, so I didn't need those anymore.

AND, as a bonus, I bought a water belt (aka fanny pack, aka something I NEVER wanted to be seen with because it was the sign that I had become an old lady runner, so watch out world for the newest OLD LADY runner on the block!)


...



...I sit with no words to type about the belt. I want desperately to defend it and tell how cool it really is. I mean, it holds a water bottle and my ipod plus some snacks for long runs, energy gel if I have it, a running route, my keys, etc... which means I don't have to search high and low for pants with pockets in them anymore because I will always have somewhere to put the little things I like to carry while running.

But it is still a fanny pack, so I think my desperate desire for it really just confirms the fact that yes, indeed, I have become an old lady runner.

And this old lady runner is going to LOVE running without sweating all over my ipod and having to carry water all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment