Thursday, June 9, 2011

Take a deep breath

Today I managed to work myself up into a frustrated tizzy. I let two things that have really been bothering me lately cycle around in my head and as they went round and round, they picked up speed and became vicious monsters. I had to deal directly with each of them today. I lost on both occasions. Searching for wisdom, for guidance, for peace, for resolution...I found none...so far. As I arrived home tonight I caught my parents enjoying the end of So You Think You Can Dance. I LOVE it that they are watching it without my influence!

I post about dance a lot. I also love art, and I would post about art more but I find it difficult to find good representations of it online. Pictures of paintings are nice. But it is the paintings themselves that really awe and inspire me.

OK, back to the dancing...Watching the top 20 dancers tonight helped me to wipe away some of today's frustration. It is so soothing to listen to music and watch the grace, precision, and beauty of dance. Since the clips aren't on YouTube yet, here is a different take on dance by one of my favorite dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment