Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Brother

Today is my brother's birthday. Today I celebrate who my brother is now and I look back on the relationship we had as kids. He was such a typical little brother, and I was such a typical older sibling. I don't know how he turned out to be so wonderful, but I am pretty sure I had nothing to do with it.

Some childhood memories:
Playing games in the Ninja Turtles tent on Saturday mornings.
Swimming in the little pool on the back porch and using my wet hair to turn into a scary monster.
Riding bikes on the driveway.
He was ALWAYS singing.
Our hairstyles and jams (old school shorts with super ugly fluorescent designs) were just plain awful (and the same goes for our older brother)!
Tormenting him on long car trips...
Knocking him off the back of the riding lawn mower on accident.
Slamming his finger in the door on accident.
Going tubing on the river together.
If anyone ever lost anything, we could count on him to find it!

Unfortunately, I have a lot of memories of torture and tormenting, but there are definitely good memories as well.

Greg, I am so thankful for you. I am so thankful that our move to Illinois in high school helped to bring us together as friends. You are so funny and you inspire me to want to be the best person I can be. I'll love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment