Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wisconsin Potatoes

I'm not from these parts.

I am neither a city girl nor a country girl.

Folks from the country might say I am a city girl. People from the city might say I am a country girl.

I grew up in a town and have lived in suburbs and spent some time on a farm but not enough to know anything. I don't wholly identify with any one place.

I say these things to demonstrate my ignorance of both places. This weekend I was exposed to a wonderful place in central Wisconsin.

I had no idea there was such an incredible community of potato growers and small-town dwellers in central Wisconsin. I got to spend a wonderful weekend working at an event largely paid for by the Wisconsin Potato Growers. I was so blessed by the volunteers and the group of people who hosted the event. It was truly a wonderful event, made so not by the activities themselves (which were great) but by the people involved.

Stevens Point and surrounding areas, I'll not soon forget your warm welcome and loving hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment