Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Elusive Bubble Gifts

Bubbles once again showed up at the place I babysit, so we had another bubble party. I love watching the three-year-old and the dog run around jumping at the bubbles and trying to eat them (the dog) or pop them by clapping them (the boy). It is so stinking cute. Today I was making tons of bubbles, then I'd watch them follow them around the yard, and then I would make some more. A number of times, both of them would follow after one bubble that was way beyond their reach when I had already made hundreds more that they hadn't turned around to see.

I started thinking that this was a sort of simile for what I do with God. I look to him for a gift, and then I set my eyes on that gift and follow it. If I looked to God, I would see that there are many other gifts waiting, I just have to keep my eyes on him. Instead I look only at one elusive gift that seems just beyond my reach and I agonize that I can't have that one.

Spiritual lessons with bubbles. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment